Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 October 2013

I feel old...

Dear all,

I feel old. Every one has gone to bed, and I am still wide awake with way to much energy...


I can't remember when it was exactly, but the first time my parents went to bed and I stayed up I felt so grown-up. I remember my parents going, "we want to sleep, good night" and my sister and I were aloud to finish watching the movie. That was such a moment of, well, Grown-up feeling or something. I can't describe it, but it just was special. Tonight for some reason reminded me of that day. My parents wanted to go to bed, but I just hovered around their bedroom and talked. At some point, my mom said: "Simone, I'd love to sleep now...". Oops, sorry mom, I'll go now! And blog!

I had my English test today and all we had to do was translate the words from English to Dutch, which is really easy. Except for one thing, I stopped translating words back and forth between English and Dutch a long time ago, so a lot of the words in English, I use them, I understand them but finding a good Dutch word for it is just so hard. Today I just got all messed up, I hope I did good though... But we'll see!
They have some stupid new rule. Let me explain it to you...
So in Dutch there are a lot of English words, or words that are very closely related to an English word. This means that we basically use English words in Dutch as a normal word. Usually we don't even notice. So, in our tests there are words in English which we have to translate, but their Dutch equivalent(this is actually one of those words) is very alike/the same. The teachers have now said we cannot use that translation but we have to find another word for it. Their reason? Well, they are saying they cannot know whether we actually understand the word (in Dutch). Basically what they are saying is: "Not only do you need to learn English, but also Dutch because your level of Dutch is not high enough to use the normal words. COMPLETE NONSENSE!!! Sorry, I am pissed of about that...

I spent my evening reading, which was just so good! I barely ever have time to do that, so it was nice to finally use my evening to do something I actually enjoy! YAY!

That was my day I guess.. Tomorrow I have another important presentation, this time it's about problems in politics we have in the Netherlands. It's for a subject I think the English would call social studies. It'll be fine!
I also have a conversation with my tutor, she wants to talk to me and learn who I am, should be fine I guess! I am not that interesting, so it won't take to long I guess...

Today's song!
I adore this song, The first time I heard it, I just loved it.. My cousin showed it to me I think...
Ellie Goulding, Your song! Oh, the video should be fun to!

Love,
Simone 

No comments:

Post a Comment